Teen RCIA "Train, Nurture, Thrive!"
"Train, Nurture, Thrive" = RCIA for Teens (ages 13 - 17)
Why RCIA for Teens?
· in a small group setting -- three times a month, 12 months a year
· connect more deeply to a personal relationship with Jesus, His Church, and His Word --
the Bible --via group sharing, reflection, and commitment.
· allows teens to grapple with long-held Catholic teachings in the context of today's culture --
as well as exploring the ample treasures of our Catholic history and traditions.
· empowers teens with a strong sense of responsibility towards:
-- a thoughtful prayer life
-- thoughtful positive action on behalf of family, friends, school, and community
"Dear young people, do not be satisfied with anything less than Truth and Love, do not be content with anything less than Christ."
"Dear friends, may no adversity paralyze you. Be afraid neither of the world, nor of the future, nor of your weakness. The Lord has allowed you to live in this moment of history so that, by your faith, His name will continue to resound throughout the world.
"...I urge you to ask God to help you find your vocation in society and in the Church, and to persevere in that vocation with joy and fidelity. It is a good thing to open our hearts to Christ’s call and to follow with courage and generosity the path He maps out for us." Pope Benedict XVI, 2011 World Youth Day, Spain
Ready for a COMMITMENT to the Catholic Church?
· Reschedule your Sundays and Wednesdays so that you are available to
focus on GOD.
· Attend weekly Mass with your family EVERY week.
· Attend Teen RCIA (TNT) every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Wednesday night of every month.
· Get a bible and use it!
Psst...START HERE: http://www.usccb.org/bible/books-of-the-bible/
· Take a leap of faith and jump into the Catechism of the Catholic Church
Psst...START HERE: http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM