Year 2 Retreat:
All Retreat Forms and Letters should have been turned in already.
- We meet at Friday February 10 at 3:30 PM at St. Bede School to board the busses.
- Bring money for dinner on the way.
- Wear good walking shoes a rainproof coat and/or umbrella, and a flashlight for the last mile hike up to the retreat center (there is a trailer for your gear.)
- Bring rain gear, an umbrella, and an extra change of clothes if rain is forecast.
Any medications should be in a ziploc baggie with your name on it.
Confirmation 2017 for Year 2 Confirmandi will take place on Sunday, May 7 at the 5:30 PM Mass. Our prelate will be Archbishop Gomez.
Confirmation Reharsal with Sponsors will take place on Friday, May 5, 2017 at 7 PM in the Church. If your sponsor cannot attend the rehearsal, a parent can stand in for them during the rehearsal.
Calendar for 2016-2017
- Brother's Helpers - Contact Roberta Peters at 818-438-7413 (Under 18 years old, must bring an adult to supervise.)
- St. Bede Parish Hall on Mondays, 1:30 - 3:00 pm and 5-6:30 PM (can just show up to serve)
- Holy Redeemer Parish on Tuesdays, 3:00 - 6:30 pm (can just show up to serve)
- La Canada Presbyterian Church (LCPC) on Wednesdays, 2:30 - 6:30 pm (can just show up to serve)
- St. James Parish on Thursdays, 3:00 - 6:30 pm (can just show up to serve)
- Skidettes- Contact Mary Ann Fell
- St. Bede’s parish hall on Saturdays, 8:00—9:30 am (can just show up to serve) Also
- Tuesdays 7-8 am
- Thursdays 7-8 am &
- Fridays 7-8 am
For Youth Ministry events go to our Youth Ministry page.
- Feb 5, 2017 12:30-2 PM (Note Time!) in John 23rd Room. The topic is "The Bible"
- March 5, 2017 3:45-6:30 PM in Parish Hall
- April 2, 2017 3:45-6:30 PM in Hall
- April 30, 3:45-6:30 PM in John 23rd Room
- May 21 3:45-6:30 PM in John 23rd Room
- Feb 10-12, 2017, Year 2 Retreat in Santa Barbara.
- March 5, 2017, 3:45-6:30 PM in Hall
- March 19, 2017 3:45-6:30 PM in John 23rd Room
- April 2, 2017, 3:45-6:30 PM in Hall.
Parent Track Sessions -All High School Parents are Welcome to Join Us for Any Session:
- February 5, 2017, 12:30-2PM (NOTE TIME) - Y1 Parent Track Session in Hall- The Word of God (Parenting Tools)
- March 5, 2017, 4-5:30 PM - Y1 & Y2 Parent Track Session in John 23rd Room
- April 2, 2017, 3:45-5:30 PM - Y1 & Y2 Parent Track Session - guest speaker Fr. Richard Leonard
- May 21, 2017 4-5:30 PM - Y1 Parent Track Session in Parish Hall
Our Parent Track Sessions are a new offering this year. Fr. Peter Devereux, LC, and Michelle Chandler lead our new sessions. Since parents are the primary catechists of their teens, we invite you to these sessions to strengthen your faith, polish your parenting tools, and connect with other parents at the same stage of parenting. We invite Confirmation (and all high school parents) to join us for four sessions that happen at the same time as Confirmation Class. The full year's schedule can be found in the Calendar.
The sessions this year will cover four main topics:
- Introduction and Prayer (Tools for parenting)
- Scripture (Tools for parenting)
- Parenting Teens
- The Hard Questions
Teen Lead Training
- January 28, 2017, 10AM-4PM - Year 2 Retreat Planning Retreat
- February 6, 2017, 6:30-8:30 PM - Final Year 2 Retreat Planning Meeting
- March 8, 2017, 7-8:30 PM Teen Lead Check In (All Teen Leads) in Teen Room
- April 24, 2017, 7-8:30 PM Teen Lead Check In (All Teen Leads) in Teen Room
What is Confirmation?
Confirmation is one of the three Sacraments of Initiation in the Catholic faith, along with Baptism and the Eucharist. The Sacrament of Confirmation seals a Christian with the Holy Spirit that they may be strengthened to live out their faith fruitfully and boldy!
Our need for Confirmation as a sacrament to seal our Baptism is rooted in the traditions of the early Church and is also rooted in Scripture. In the Book of Acts we read:
14 When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the word of God, they sent Peter and John to Samaria. 15 When they arrived, they prayed for the new believers there that they might receive the Holy Spirit, 16 because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17 Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.
Many teens are at a significant point in their faith journey as they enter high school and are establishing their personal Christian identity. The Catholic Church invites these young people to enter into a two-year preparation process (usually beginning in 9th grade), where they can grow as faithful Catholics and discover their unique place and role in the Body of Christ.
Training for Teen Lectors
Would you like to be a part of the liturgy as a lector? You'd get to proclaim the Word of God in the Sanctuary to the Catholic community during Mass! If this ministry draws you, please attend the following training: No new lector training will take place until at least the end of November.
Interested in Volunteering with Youth?
Join the Confirmation or Youth Ministry Teams! All adults who enjoy talking with and working with teens are invited to explore options for helping with Confirmation or Youth Ministry next year. To find out more information, email or call: Diane Cwik firstname.lastname@example.org 818-949-4324 or Jessica Gerhardt email@example.com 818-949-4325.
Forms for 2016-2017
Year 1 Confirmation Registration Forms 2016-2017 Open in Adobe, fill out, then print and sign.
- Year 2 Confirmation Registration Forms 2016-2017 Open in Adobe, fill out, then print and sign.
- Sponsor Form
- Confirmation Family Handbook 2016-2017
- Confirmation Calendar for 2016-2017
Forms for 2015-201
Forms for Leaders and Volunteers